Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday Thirteen ~ Interesting Things I've Learned...


13 Interesting Things I've Learned as the Mother of BOYS!!!

They are in no particular order, only as they came to me. Enjoy!

1. I. Can't. Have. Nice. Things. ~ That's right, nice things can NOT survive in my house for more than several days at a time.

2. A 9-year-old pretending to surf can completely wreck a metal bunkbed. Yes, a METAL bunkbed. Destroyed... no fixing it.

3. It's okay for them to laugh and joke about farts, burps and other bodily functions... but I am not allowed to tell my dance students to smell their toes in order to show how they need to stretch. "Eww, Mommy! That's GROSS!" Go figure.

4. Sour milk or apple juice will not kill them. It does however upset MY stomach when I figure out that they drank it.

5. Even toy power tools can drill a hole in my wall. Apparently, all the child needs is determination... and a mother dealing with a younger sibling.

6. Even kiddie craft scissors can give a child a reverse mohawk.

7. A sugar spoon found in the sugar tub (for cooking) was NOT used to sprinkle sugar over the morning cereal... it was used to eat the sugar directly from the source.

8. Even FOAM pirate swords can break skin if swung hard enough.

9. Yo-yos work much better as a weapon than a toy (You ever seen someone swing one around their head until it clobbers another person? NO? Come to my house, just remember to duck).

10. A laptop is surprisingly resilient when faced with a curious 7-1/2 year-old holding a screwdriver. And in the same vein... I can literally blow steam from my ears.

11. A determined barefoot child can shimmy up a doorjamb with nothing but his fingers and toes to propel him... and THEN proceed to hang from the top of the doorjamb until someone else walks into the room.

12. A two year old can hogtie himself with nothing more than a necklace of beads.

13. A tiny little bouncy-ball can wreak an amazing amount of havoc if bounced hard enough.

So, that is my very first TT, hope y'all enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Marianne Arkins said...

I'll say it again... I'm so glad God gave me a girl.