Sunday, May 11, 2008

Doin' a little happy dance!

Dun.. dun.. dun... :::with a dramatic flourish::: I now have HIGH SPEED INTERNET... and digital cable and telephone (but those aren't as important!). Been rather giddy tonight, and I'm not one bit sorry for it either. I now have four email addresses too, but who's counting.

The best part of getting high speed... watching the cutie crawl under my computer desk. Oh, come on, you know you look too... no matter how happily you're married! He knew I was happily married and gave me a cute wink when he caught me looking... and that's ALL, thank you very much!

Yes, yes, yes... I'm rather hyper right now... deal with it! LOL
*************************************************************************************

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Thanks for wishing me one on time.. if you know me you know I'm almost ALWAYS late... sorry.

And Amy, isn't it great that our guys want to better themselves? I'm so proud of him my buttons could just pop right off! And the 6 year old seemed to get over it pretty quick... the 3 year old too, although we had a harrowing experience when Daddy thought he was all better and gave him ice cream! BLECH! I'm feeling quite a bit better, thank you for asking! See below... :-)

*************************************************************************************

YAY... the creeping Ickies seem to have worked their way through our house and out the door! It seems to have been a rather quick "little-over-24-hour" type flu. I was still a bit weak after the fact, but only had about a day of the real icks... same for the rest of the family. It seems that me and DH felt the effects of it much longer than the boys did. They didn't seem to have any of the lingering weakness that DH and I both experienced... which was a bit frustrating on our parts when we were still so weak and the monkey boys were ready and raring to go!

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts! I'm just glad it's moving on so quickly... don't know what I'd have done if it hung on like some of the other bugs we've caught before.

*************************************************************************************

And now for a less than upbeat note... I don't understand the way some people's brains work. What makes it okay in their minds to stomp on someone else's dreams/ideas/wishes and make them to feel as though they have no real value?

I'm not speaking for myself (at least not it this case) but for a friend and fellow author. Let's just say that she brought up a less than supportive person who was supposed to be otherwise and leave it at that! Okay, not entirely leave it at that, but how can another woman tell someone that they shouldn't do something based entirely on their sex? Hello! :::taking a deep breath:::

Anyway, I just couldn't understand why someone would systematically break another down just so that they could feel better (? at least I think that may be why she did it?). GAH, okay I'm done with my little rant (and a much shorter rant than it was originally let me tell you!). On to nicer things... lol.

*************************************************************************************




Your Stripper Song Is



Dirrty by Christina Aguelera



"Too dirrty to clean my act up

If you ain't dirrty

You ain't here to party"



You're so dirty, you make Christina look clean.





*SIGH* Alright, FINE, be that way...

*************************************************************************************

Today's kiddie quote:

"But, Mommy, I want a banana... let HIM have the chocolate!"

WOW... knock me over with a feather! Who knows my kids? Wanna take a guess at which one gave me this gem?

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Funny about the banana!! You're raising them right :-)

Sorry about your author friend. Sucks when stuff happens like that, especially when it's from someone you trust.

YAY on the High Speed, but I had to laugh at you ogling the installers, *ahem*, assets.

Chris M. said...

Marianne, I sure hope I'm raising them right. Every time they ask for something good for them, I get excited!

Yeah, it does suck about my author friend, but she picked herself up and is still working on her WIPs... take that naysayers!

And as far as the installer.. :-D Do you expect any less from me? LOL

Anonymous said...

The first time my kids asked for broccoli, it was in front of my parents, who looked at me like I was raising aliens. My kids love fruit and veg...and I'm so glad they do!

I've been doing a lot of braggin' on my husband to anyone who will listen. I've been very proud of him lately! I think people are getting sick of it ;)

That really whomps that your author friend is being treated like that. Good for her for keeping on....

Lindsay said...

I have enjoyed getting to read about my sister's life! I also hunted down your published short story and I loved it. You write beautifully! Miss you