Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dancing, Flowers and Pain Pills.... OH MY!

Alright, I figured I needed to update this... as I know it's been a bit since I did so. But, I'm just drawing a blank right now. Probably has something to do with the pain pills and Benadryl that I took earlier. *sigh* Aha, inspirations strikes!

I started up my dance classes this past week, after being gone for four months to have a baby and recover. Part of me was so happy to be back in the studios, I really missed my girls and was gratified to see that they missed me too. Another part of me though, wasn't as excited and just wanted to be back at home writing or working on reviews or playing with my kids! Does anyone else ever feel like things that used to be our favorite things to do have suddenly become chores?

I'm hoping that I can maybe change up what I do in class and get the excitement back again. Dancing has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, and I just hate it that it seems so trying now. Gah, enough whining, I'll figure it out. LOL.
*************************************************************************************
So, I was wondering about something:

Has anyone ever seen a rose like this before?



My poor mom had to have knee surgery to repair a pretty severe meniscus tear. When we went to make dinner for her and my dad tonight, she had this gorgeous bouquet of flowers on the table. They were given to her by a family friend to keep her spirits up while she is basically bed-ridden as her knee heals. Anyone who knows my mother knows she doesn't handle inactivity well (something we have in common... lol), so the flowers and the books I brought her to read were to keep her distracted a bit.



Isn't that bouquet gorgeous? I know that the flowers are Tiger Lilies and Roses, but I'd love to know how they got the rose to have that color striation. Was it grown that way? Or, is it like with Carnations how you can let them soak in colored water and the petals take on the color of the water? If it's the second... how in the world did they do that? Either way, I think it's utterly gorgeous!

*************************************************************************************
From Marianne's blog the other day:



Your Inner Child Is Surprised



You see many things through the eyes of a child.

Meaning, you're rarely cynical or jaded.

You cherish all of the details in life.

Easily fascinated, you enjoy experiencing new things.



This about says it all! Maybe because I love to see through my kids' eyes? Or... it could be that I'm sometimes a great big kid myself and am usually easily amused.
*************************************************************************************
Last time's Kiddie Quote was self-explanatory for my sister. The question that prompted that response ("Ummm... Mommy is!") came from my DH. He was ranting a bit at the boys about how they just don't listen... well, yeah, they're kids! LOL Anyway, in the middle of his rant he asked, "Who in the heck do YOU think is the boss around here?" It made me laugh when I saw that all the wind just slipped from his sails! Now, it's a standard answer when anyone asks who's the boss in our house. I swear, it's not true... :::batting lashes:::

Today's Kiddie Quote:

"My head... we clocked 'em."

Can you guess the question behind that gem?

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I love that kiddie quote... "Mommy is"... LOL.

And, I think those roses are called "fire and ice" and are grown that way, if I'm not horribly mistaken.

I may be... I just Googled "fire and ice" roses, and they are white and red, but not variegated.

So, who knows? LOL.

Briana said...

They are called pinstripe roses. Red and white pinstripes. They are a hybrid bicolor rose, and they are grown that way.