Monday, April 14, 2008

MY signs of Spring...

So, I've been visiting some of my friends' blogs and they're all talking about the signs of Spring all across the country. I know that I've already sort of addressed this, but it got me thinking... what do I consider the signs of Spring?

Now, I don't have a garden, I haven't ever really liked having my hands in the dirt... yeah yeah, I know... I am SUCH a girly girl, but at the same time I love flowers and have even gone so far as to get flower seeds and soil to plant in the little patch by my front door. *sigh* But something always comes up... usually my children.

We DO have sagebrush in our front yard, and they have some gorgeous purple flowers that bloom after it rains. I guess one sign of Spring is when the flowers on the sagebrush start to bloom, without rain.


This is one of the sagebrush in our yard just starting to bloom. See how pretty that color is.

And I was still thinking... What else do I consider a sign of spring? And it came to me... (now cover your eyes if feet make you squeamish):


Okay, you can uncover them again. It's warm enough that I get to pull my poor abused feet out of those stifling tennis shoes and put on my open toed sandals (these are wedges as I HAVE to add a few inches) and paint my toenails. Nevermind the fact that I have dancer's feet, besides... they don't look like they used to when I was dancing all the time, I just love changing my toenail colors to match my moods! A different color at least every week, sometimes every other day! Those things to me are signs of Spring.

Sorry if the foot picture freaked anyone out... :-)

*************************************************************************************

I'm heading to the dentist in the morning, and I am NOT a person who goes easily to the dentist. A couple of bad experiences when I was younger have basically given me a phobia. My wonderful DH went the extra mile and found a dentist for us that is actually a good friend of ours, so he's gentle and understanding and gives me Xanax before I have to come in for major work!

Well, the problem tonight? I don't get any premedication this time... I have to be able to drive myself to the dentist in the morning so that DH can get the kids off to school on time. *sigh* I guess I can take solace in the fact that it doesn't seem likely that what is wrong will be anyting major (sounds like a quick fix) so hopefully I won't have too much time to get myself worked up. We'll see how well I'm doing when I get home tomorrow!
*************************************************************************************

Last time's Kiddie Quote came from my three-year old. When I called him on the fact that he had ahold of his Easter basket full of candy, which he had been told was off-limits due to the sugar rush he had recently experienced! When I told him to put the basket back, he very innocently told me that he only wanted to carry his basket around the house. How ignorant do our kids think we are? It did however make me smile as I took the basket away from him and emptied all the candy from it and then handed it back to him. "Well, I don't want it now!" he huffed. *snort* Yeah, that's what I thought!

Today's Kiddie Quote:

"Umm... Mommy is!"

Yeah, I know, you have no idea what this means, but there is a story behind it... you'll just have to come back later and see!

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Funny... I was just looking at my naked toenails this morning and thinking it was about time to start painting them again!!! LOL...

Kids are too funny.

And, hey -- the flower thing? You could do like this one family up the road does and stick silk flowers in the dirt.

yes.

Really.

Anonymous said...

I had a chance to wear open-toed shoes this weekend and had to pass since I hadn't done my toenails...guess it's time to get them done so I can slip on the sandals when the weather is nice.

Chris M. said...

Sheesh, Marianne, it gets so hot here...the silk flowers would melt. Besides, isn't that cheating?

That was the main reason that I DID paint my toenails... they were just staring up at me all naked... they looked so pale! Now they look as pretty as an ex-dancer's feet can look.

Amy - I LOVE shoes, the more the merrier, so I had to be able to pull out my open toed shoes and sandals... Vegas gets real hot real quick, so I waited till all my crazy boys were in bed and painted to my heart's content.

Briana said...

The answer is...who is the boss of Daddy? Am I right? Seems this is always the answer when I talk to you, the boys or matt