Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gimme a ReBeL Yell !!!!

So, I know it's been a bit since I updated... it has just been SUPER crazy around here lately. Will get into all that in a minute.

First, thanks Marianne, Amy and Marty for your responses. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has feelings of envy even though we're happy for our friends' successes.

*************************************************************************************

Now, for the ReBeL Yell!!! Over the weekend several of my friends from the RBL Romantica Message Board and website came into Vegas for the yearly RBL sleepover. What a fun group of ladies who love books as much as I do. Here we are:


Front Row: (from left to right)Linda, Rosie, Sandra, Debbie & Ann - Back Row: (left to right) Briana, Me(Chris), Kandy, Bo & Barb

While they were here we went to dinner a couple times and hung out in their hospitality suite. We had a book exchange and I got a couple books from a new-to-me author that looks pretty good: Christine Warren. They've since been added to my almost out of control TBR pile and I'm looking forward to reading them ... whenever I have the time. LOL


Fun in the hospitality suite....

And we did a picture frame exchange where we each brought a frame and it was exchanged... you know the type of exchange where one person picks then the next person can "steal" any previous frames that were opened or pick one of the unopened packages. This is notoriously hilarious as some of us try to hide our frames if we loved em and don't want to give them up... and others steal just to "welcome" a newbie to the group!


Me and the Brat... a.k.a. my sister!

It was great to see the ladies and to spend time with my sister, who came into town to meet our new baby and meet the RBL ladies as well. It was a blast and fun was had by all! LOL


*************************************************************************************

In honor of my RBL sisters... I HAD to take this test:




Your Mind is PG-13 Rated



Your mind is definitely a little dirty. You're naughty, but not trashy.

You don't shy away from a dirty joke, and you're clearly not a prude.



Hmmm.... I think this one is subjective... I have been accused on more than one occasion of hanging out way too much in the gutter. *snort* Maybe it depends on the company I'm keeping at the time! :-)
*************************************************************************************

Last time's Kiddie Quote was: "My head, we clocked 'em!" and no one even ventured a guess as to the question behind that one. Basically, I heard my 3 year old screaming and he came running out of the playroom saying his brother hit him. I promptly jumped all over big brother's case, "What did you hit him with?!" The above was his answer as to what he had hit his brother with. Kind of hard to be mad at them for getting out of hand when you're laughing!

Today's quote doesn't have a question that goes with it, but it's pretty darned funny.

Kiddie Quote: "Mommy, I had a HUGE fart in my butt!"

I'm not kidding I swear he said that!

So that's that... at least for today.

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Yep... I was present (virtually) for that lovely quote. LOL...

Looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

LOL on the Fart in his butt! OMG. We have conversations like that a LOT around here....and my kids are significantly older than yours. With boys, the fun never ends.

Sounds like your weekend was fantastic.

Briana said...

UMMM...took the quiz on how dirty my mind is. Well no kids under 17 allowed for sure. How on earth did you get PG 13?