Thursday, March 27, 2008

Go Look... Go Look!

WOO HOO!! My first short story is up at The Long and Short of It! I'm all kinds of excited! Can you tell? So... go LOOK and READ!

See... I really think this blog is helping me... other than giving me yet another outlet to gab! LOL I've been getting some writing done! I actually get all the daily crud out of my mind and am better able to get the stories down on paper... er computer screen. Who knows, maybe someday I'll actually finish that book I've been working on for the last year or so. I think it's the squeezing it in between the family and wife stuff that's the harder part. Ah, well... I'm not giving up the family and wife stuff, so I guess I'll just have to deal.

Last time's kiddie quote was in a way self-explanatory. We are in the process of potty-training our three-year old. The comment came as he was balancing on a toilet without a toddler potty seat on it. He was terrified he would fall in! I kept telling him that I was there and he wouldn't fall in... to which he replied he would get flushed if he did in fact fall in.




You Are a Bit Prissy



From time to time you can be a princess, but these days, who isn't a little high maintenance?

You know what you want, and you're definitely not afraid to ask for it.

(Just refrain from having a temper tantrum if you don't get your way!)

There's nothing wrong with having high standards... as long as they're occasionally low enough to allow spontaneity and fun!





This ^ is kind of funny! If you ask my family... I'm REALLY prissy! In fact, that was one of my nicknames (and yes, it sometimes still is) growing up: Prissy Chrissy! I swear I've grown out of it! *snort* And if you believe that... I've got a bridge I can sell you! There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look pretty.

Okay, today's Kiddie Quote is:

"But, Dad, I don't have a donkey!"

This one came from my eight-year old. Can you guess what it's in reference to?

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I took your test on my blog today *G*

Congrats again on your story...

Chris M. said...

That's funny! See... Twins! Well, and sometimes triplets!

Thanks... couldn't have done it without you! LOL

CJFroggirl said...

Finally got to read your short on LASR - I loved it! Especially your description of Kyle - OMG I wanted to eat him up!! :-D Great job!
Camomile

Anonymous said...

I read your story on LASR. Well done. Congrats.

Luree Vanderpool
www.tagates-lureevanderpool.com

Chris M. said...

Thanks Camomile and Luree. I'm pretty happy about it myself.

Cammile - LOL, I guess that means I did a good job in my description!

Again, thanks Ladies