Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kids are... funny!

So, I've come to the realization over the past few years that kids are funny. I know, duh, right? But really, they're much smarter than we give them credit for with amazing insight into things that we don't always see. As the saying goes, "Out of the mouths of babes."

So, thus saying, I've decided that part of my blog is going to be quotes that my children or my dance students have said that are either funny (ha-ha), funny (weird), profound, or just make you go "hmmm...".

My kiddie quote for today:

"Dolls have cooties... action figures have muscles."

There really is a story behind this one... but I think I'll let y'all stew on this one for a bit before I give that story up.

I've been doing some writing but not as much as I would like. I finished two reviews today, which made me feel as if I'd actually accomplished something, but I have yet to sit down and get any of my book finished. *sigh* I have to get my butt back into the swing of things, but I think having a baby gives me a bit of an excuse, at least for a little while. LOL

Having several stories going at once in my head can be a bit disconcerting and every once in awhile one voice rises above the others and demands attention. That seems to be when everything flows and I get pages and pages done. Then, everything goes silent and it's a waiting game to see whose voice is going to jump up next. I once heard it said that all writers are a bit schitzophrenic (sp?), and I have to say that the voices in my head adamently deny that diagnosis! *grin*

Ah, well, that's all for now. Let me know, if anyone is even seeing this, what you think the story is behind the kiddie quote.

Ta for now,
Chris

No comments: