Sunday, March 30, 2008

How crazy is my life?

I just had to post this about my CRAZY flippin' day today. If I wasn't in so much pain I'd laugh my butt off! No, the pain didn't come from today, that actually came from yesterday when I somehow hurt my back (Lifting the baby and carseat from the van? Picking up the three-year old and putting him in the shopping cart? Helping load Scout stuff for DHs Scout campout? Who knows!) and now I'm dealing with muscle spasms and pain. *sigh*

Anyway... my crazy day/evening:

One of the things I was helping get ready for the campout yesterday was the food for the boys (shishkabobs... yum). Getting that food ready made me realize that it sounded very yummy for dinner, but decided to do it for tonight. Well... one major problem with that is that DH loaned our portable grill (it's really nice it kind of folds down into a portable cart and yet when it's upright it's a pretty good sized grill... anyway) to the Scouts and it went home with another one of the leaders instead of being brought right back to us. *sigh* But, all was not lost... at least I didn't think so. We have this nifty-neato little stovetop grilling thingy that I'd been dying to try out. So, I pulled that puppy out and got the kabobs ready for grilling. We were on our way to yummy food when... the smoke alarm goes off. Then... the next one... and the next one... we had at least three alarms going off at once. But, since we were already into the grilling, and they smelled good dangit, we decided to grin and bear it. So, the alarms were going for about 30 minutes or so... the older boys were hiding in their bedroom (the only place that was quiet)... the baby was fussing because those things are loud... the dog, oh our poor dog, was yipping until we finally sent our oldest boy to walk him so his sensitive ears would be away from the smoke alarms... I actually took the baby back into the older boys' room and we all had a grand old time hanging out on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed until the alarms finally went off when DH was done with the kabobs. Needless to say... we won't be using the stovetop grill again anytime soon!

So, that's just the ending of my day and I thought y'all could all use the laugh, because it actually made me laugh. DH on the other hand... he was a bit cranky, but he got over it. LOL

No comments: