Monday, March 31, 2008

When did I grow up?

Sometimes, it's just no fun being the adult! I so love being able to play with my kids, but there are times when I have to buckle down and actually be an adult with them. How much does that suck? I could have sworn that Peter Pan was my favorite person. I know the song "I Won't Grow Up" by heart. Then I look at my mother who is so very responsible, and my father who just screams responsible and see them down on the floor rolling around and playing with my kids like the biggest goofballs in the world and I realize that it's okay to mature as long as you never lose your sense of fun and the ridiculous.

It may not always be fun being the grown up but, you know, when my children make the right decision, or do something simply for the joy of seeing someone else smile... WOW talk about feeling like the greatest Mom! Who said they could grow to be so much bigger, get so much smarter? Wasn't it just yesterday that my oldest one was the size of my youngest one? Didn't those pants fit last week? Since when is it embarassing for Mom to kiss her kids goodnight? When did I become Mom instead of Mommy?

Yeah, okay, so I'm feeling a bit like the old lady when it comes to my kids... don't shoot me... it's allowed.

**************************************************************************

I took this test and wasn't really surprised by the outcome:




You are a Romantic Realist



Okay, so you fall in the middle.

You know that love isn't like a greeting card...

Yet you can always find a greeting card to describe your feelings.



You are the best of both worlds

Girly yet independent, dreamy yet serious.

Almost any guy can find balance with you.



*************************************************************************

Alright, for last time's Kiddie Quote, that one was a case of "Bad Daddy!" That will teach my husband to curse when telling our eight-year old to get his butt over here! LOL

Today's Kiddie Quote is actually a picture:



Yes, that is my son wearing that t-shirt. He's very proud of that shirt. Can you blame the girls when his eyes look like this:



Now that I've rambled on about seemingly nothing at all! I'll head off to do adult stuff... blech! :0)

2 comments:

Briana said...

Yes, when did we grow up? Oh well. Had to happen sometime.

Bo said...

I'm here! *G* Thanks for the invite!

I LOOOOVE the shirt! Arrogant,yet charming,LOL.Totally endearing,in other words.

That's one thing about me.I think I'm so serious I've forgotten how to play & have fun sometimes.Or I think there isn't time,that there's too much housework & stuff to do.Life is short,I suppose I had better have fun with my kids before they're embarassed to be seen with me,LOL.