Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wasn't this supposed to be "Spring Break"?

So, I didn't get these posted with my last post, but I have some pictures from our trip. Just one question, wasn't this supposed to be "Spring Break"?



This was the view from our windshield on the way up to my in-laws' home.



And this one from my side, the passenger side, across to the driver's side.

It snowed more than half of the way up there and there was snow on the ground at the in-laws' house. Considering how warm it has been here in Vegas, I wasn't really expecting having to deal with snow. Did I mention that I HATE snow? This is the reason that I live in Vegas... it hardly ever snows here. Like once every ten years or something like that, and even then only it certain parts (like near the mountains) and it doesn't really stick for very long. Ah well, at least I got to stay in a nice warm home while my husband and the monkies played in the snow.

So, last time's kiddie quote...

Whenever we get a kid's meal from some fast food place, the kids aren't allowed to have their toy until they eat their food. If they don't eat their food, they don't get the toy. So, when my 3 year old asked if I got a toy with MY meal, it was natural for him to assume that I hadn't eaten all my food when I told him no.

Hmm... wouldn't it be great if we adults got a toy with OUR happy meal? I mean, we would probably be more inclined to take our kids to get theirs! Just think... what kind of "toy" would come in OUR meal? Would we be as quick as our children to say, "I'm done!" even though it was obvious we weren't? Just so we could quickly get to the prize? What exactly would make ours a Happy Meal? LOL I'm just asking!

Today's kiddie quote:

"I can't fall in... I'll get flushed!"

*snicker* I'm not making these up, I swear!

Oh, before I go... If you're reading this: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUDY!

1 comment:

Marianne Arkins said...

all they'd have to do is add a piece of dark chocolate, and I'd be happy.

I'm talking about toys... there might be little eyes reading. I mean, really.

;-)